|Trustee / Treasure for
Elizabeth House Social Centre
ELIZABETH HOUSE SOCIAL CENTRE
Registered Charity No: 1079881
Meeting the needs of people with learning disabilities
Background to the Charity
We provide a range of activities that will help encourage and build a range of opportunities for individuals with disabilities. These services include:
- Kingfishers: a day service for those with mental health problems (Tue and Fri),
- Blue Skies: a day service exclusively for those with learning disabilities (Mon, Tue and Fri),
- Social Club: an evening session open for everyone (Mon, Wed and Fri), and
- Children’s Services: a service for children with disabilities in collaboration with Barnardo’s (Sat in term time and Tue and Thu during the school holidays).
These services are in part funded by grants from Wiltshire Council but fund raising remains an important activity both to generate funds and to raise awareness of the charity and its activities.
We have an experienced book-keeper who prepares the ‘actual’ figures against the ‘budget’ on a quarterly basis. At the yearend these figures are independently examined by Clifford Fry (Accounts) before submission to the Charity Commission.
We are seeking a Trustee, with financial experience, to act as treasurer for the charity. Responsibilities would include:
- The preparation of a budget for the forthcoming financial year,
- The presentation of the ‘actual’ financial figures (prepared by the book-keeper) at the bimonthly trustees meeting together with an authoritive analysis of the implication of these figures against the ‘budget’,
- The supervision of the preparation of the yearend figures, the arrangement of an independent examination of these figures and their submission to the Charity Commission
- Other support on financial matters as and when required.
If interested please contact: